It's been almost 2 weeks since our last post on 'The D's Outdoor Living Makeover!' and a lot has happened during that time! In fact, we've finished the project!
But before we show you all the beautiful finished photos, let me catch you up on what we've done since the pergola was started:
1. Pergola construction was completed, and detail work was finished
2. Electricity, lights, and fans were installed
3. Outdoor Kitchen was installed and faced
4. Stepping stone path was installed from the patio to the deck stairs
5. Plantings were installed and mulched
6. Driveway apron was installed
7. Furniture was delivered and arranged! (That part was all The D's- and it looks fantastic!)
8. The post-installation final clean up left everything 'sparkling'
So let's dive into details:
Last Friday was an exciting day on the job site; any onlooker would have thought we were throwing a mid-day party (in the sweltering Richmond heat...)
Note the makeshift cooling device that Jamie's crews temporarily rigged up:
So what went on during out little installation fete?
Jamie and his crew were up on the scaffolding putting the finishing touches on the pergola:
Jimmie, the electrician, was scooting around from appliance to appliance installing the electricity and making sure that everything worked just fine.
The Custom Kitchen Creations crew was busy installing the kitchen frame with help from Tom: (a very cumbersome task)
And Alex and his crew were busy with our regular maintenance visit: mowing, pruning, weeding, and generally cleaning up.
Including Tom, who was project managing, and Sarah, who was documenting, the 'mid-day party' boasted 13 (rather sweaty) attendees!
All the hot-weather-hard-work paid off, though, and after last Friday we were able to wrap the project up in a few short days!
We will be taking some post-project photos with the D's next week, so we'll share those with you as soon as we have them, but in the meantime, here are a few teaser shots to get you drooling over the finished product!
We'll be back next week with the final photos!
But while you wait, let us know the craziest home improvement project you've done during the dog days of summer! Any of them as well-attended as our 'mid-day party'?